Sunday, November 28, 2010

Self-Critique

I have enjoyed the majority of the blogs assigned throughout the semester and always tried my best when writing them. At first my style of writing was very formal, but as the semester progressed I became more relax and my writing became more personal. As far as my best blog, I believe it was the Writing about Learning blog assigned early in October. While writing it I didn’t think I had done that great of a job because I didn’t understand the prompt very well. I just gave it my best shot and wrote about my opinions concerning the nature of learning. The comments I got for this particular blog were very positive and I was proud of my work after reading the praise. All the blogs we had to write about our experience in a hybrid course were my worst blogs. Writing five hundred words on that topic was a little difficult from time to time, but I understand why we had to write them so I still took them seriously.

Blogs were similar to homework assignments and I viewed them as a necessary task. Some were very interesting, such as the Challenging Media blog which discussed the nature of Disney movies. I truly enjoyed watching that video and writing that blog because I had no idea about the true intentions of Disney. I learned from the blogs that made us discuss controversial topics such as this Disney blog. I do not plan on blogging outside of this course, but I do plan to continue to write in my journal. I’m too old fashion to continue a journal online and prefer to hand write certain things. My relationship with writing publicly has not changed much, simply from being formal to casual throughout the semester, as I mentioned earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment